It’s that time of year again! How can you not get inspired by all the DIY wreath designs floating around the blogosphere? But before I show you my design, last year I discovered these cute ideas. And below are some of the many designs that WOWED me this year.
Here, Elsie of A Beautiful Mess puts fabric scraps to good use.
And Danielle of Take Heart decided yarn is no longer just for knitting and crochet.
As for my simple, fun and very green design, I was inspired by a bag of shreaded junk mail. Laugh if you must, but I just happen to see the potential in everything.
So one day after a rather long shreading session, I began to admire the texture of the shreaded pieces.
I thought, how about making a wreath using a plastic styrofoam form and spray adhesive?
You might be wondering why this one is broken. Well, No.2 Son says he had nothing to do with it even though I saw him playing with it earlier. Nothing a little masking tape won’t fix.
It was so simple to make. Here are the instructions:
1. Working in small sections, spray a plastic styrofoam wreath with spray on adhesive.
2. Dip into a bag of shreaded paper or sprinkle and pat the pieces in place. You might find it necessary to spray the dipped section ever so lightly to keep the outermost shreaded pieces from falling off.
3. After completing a quarter of the wreath, I would stop and let it dry completely for at least 1/2 hour before continuing to avoid previous sections from falling off.
4. Once completely covered you can stop or add additional layers to create a thicker and more substantial wreath.
5. Add a bow and voilla! A wreath made form shreaded paper! Quick, simple and fun!
Note: You can add an accent color to your wreath by shreading a desired color of paper. As you can see, just to add a slight hint of blue, I shreaded and added a couple sheets of blue paper to the mix.
What do you think? Are you inspired by any of these design or others you found in the creative blogosphere?
I am sharing this post with:
The DIY Club: DIY Living Party,
Between Naps on The Porch: Metamorphosis Monday,
Dittle Dattle: Amaze Me Monday,
All Things Heart and Home: All Things Merry & Brite Week 4,
Faded Charm: White Wednesday,
Shabby Chic Cottage: Transformation Thursday,
Funky Junk Interiors: Saturday Night Special and
Domestically Speaking: Countdown to Christmas Party