Finally, I got it done! I started working on transforming this china cabinet several months ago and here they are! Here’s what I began with:
I cut this piece into three sections and joined two sections together, forming two almost identical bookcase cabinets. You can click here for part 1 of this story.
I knew I wanted them to flank each side of media console in the basement family room which didn’t always look quite like this. When we first met, it looked like this.
You can read more about that story here.
I decided not to paint the doors and thought that it would tie into the brown rattan doors of the media console.
Although it wasn’t the initial plan. I distressed it a bit.
I striped the back to give them some additional visual interest.
Mistakenly, I painted the wrong section of wood so I am using it as artwork.
Most likely, I will move it to another part of the house. Too much of the same pattern in one area doesn’t work for me.
And the shelving against the side wall once looked like this.
Some white paint and a little distressing makes everything better.
I placed a few of my treasured items from No. 1 and No. 2 son along with
all most of my craft supplies.
I am so happy everything is organized and in one place.
I’m still having fun arranging and rearranging everything. When I am done I will be sure and share the details with you.
In the meantime, I am sharing this post with:
Between Naps on the Porch: Metamorphosis Monday
Domestically Speaking:The Power of Paint Party
Miss Mustard Seed:Furniture Feature Friday
Funky Junk Interiors:Friday Night Special